Check list to start EDI in practice
1. Select an EDI-Provider. Company, which is supporting infrastructure (transmitting channels, storage, applications) and integrates data between various applications.
2. Sign the Service-oriented agreement with EDI-Provider. It is not just buying a piece of software, it is more like buying service, which is constantly supported by the EDI-provider.
3. Make sure you have GLN number. This will easily enable your company to exchange electronic documents cross-borders.
o Bodies that issue GLNs in the Baltic States
GS1 Estonia www.gs1.ee
GS1 Latvia www.gs1.lv
GS1 Lithuania www.gs1lt.org
4. Give the contacts of your business software application servicing company to the EDI-provider. Business-software has to have the option to import and export data in and out. Then true EDI is possible.
5. Give the contact details of your business (decision-maker) and IT (technical) personnel to the EDI-provider.
6. Figure out, whether and how you manage your Masterdata. Another words, whether you are changing the product information on an everyday basis.