Press release: A Speed Docking competition has identified the lengthy delays trucks are having at Distribution Centres across Europe and highlighted the opportunity for efficiency improvements.
The five top opportunities for improvement have been identified:
- Using GS1 pallet labels and DESADV,
- Introducing block times,
- Prediction of the time required for inspection based on the type of delivery,
- Pooling conveyors.
Please be advised that the annual Efficient Consumer Response Initiative Forum in Baltics which gathers 150-250 Retail, Consumer Goods and related Industries professionals to be held in Jūrmala, Baltic Beach Hotel on 11th of November with pre and after events: the Retail - Manufacturer Tour and Networking event on 10th of November and Collaborative Relationship Management Master Class with a key note speaker Kevin Hawkins on 12th of November.
If you are active in FMCG sector (food / non food) as a manufacturer, retailer, distributor or solution provider this is your chance to submit your business case to be included in ECR Baltic Forum 2014 agenda.
The biggest priority is given to local/near local cases (Baltics) related to collaboration between retailers, manufacturers, distributors on demand planning, innovations, consumer focus and insight, sustainability, people development, efficient supply chain and enabling technologies.
To claim your presentation to be included in ECR Baltic Forum 2014 agenda, please fill in and send us Call for Speakers Form below (we also suggest to check sponsorship and investment opportunities at ECR Baltic Forum, here!):
For presentation submission the due date is 11th of August 2014.
See presentation samples, here!
Please send your proposal to Edgars Pentjuss, ECR Baltic: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +37126546645 for more information!
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With almost 22,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere. More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapak.com
Since ECR Europe conference was not planned this year, below are the exceptional events suggested by ECR Baltic to visit in June:
- Already tomorrow on May 29, 2014 ECR Poland annual conference in Warsaw (you can register online or claim onsite registration: http://www.ecr.pl/forum2014/
- The anniversary ECR Russia forum, June 3-4, 2014 in The Moscow International Performing Arts Center (Moscow, 52/8, Kosmodamianskaya embankment). The program will include the best case studies of collaboration between retailers and suppliers aimed at cost saving and demand management. The Forum will attract more than 1200 delegates, including ECR Russia members: 63 companies - leading retailers and suppliers.
- Exclusive offer to ECR Baltic, IGD, as the organiser of ECR UK, is delighted to offer companies engaged with ECR Baltic the opportunity to join our Category Management and Shopper Marketing conference at an exclusive reduced rate, saving you over €500 per ticket.
- What? IGD’s Category Management and Shopper Marketing Summit, held in London on 11th and 12th June, brings together top speakers from leading manufacturers and retailers to share their latest insights and case study examples of the category and shopper solutions being implemented in the retail sector right now
- Why attend? Join 400 of your peers for great networking opportunities at Europe’s longest established Category Management and Shopper Marketing Conference. Gain inspiration from case studies of innovations currently being implemented in the consumer goods market. And take advantage of being in London, a retail testing ground. To help with this, we’ll give you an exclusive IGD guide to the best stores to visit
- Our offer. As a company engaged with a ECR Baltic Initiative, we’re delighted to offer you the IGD Member rate of just €1,140 for a ticket to the event, a saving of €540
- How? To find out full details of the event, see the speaker list and programme, and to book your place, go to www.igd.com/CatMan. To access this special price, on the booking form please enter the code “ECR Europe” in the selection box “Where did you hear about us – other” and select the IGD member price.
- Last but not least, please remember to book dates for ECR Baltic events in 2014:
- 04.09.2014 Meet us with our members at booth and ECR seminar at Riga Food Fair, claim invitation: email@example.com
- 11.11.2014 ECR Baltic Forum in Jurmala, Latvia
- 12.11.2014 ECR Baltic Forum extended workshop day with Collaborative Relationship Management master class.